As over 80,000 people gear up to be a part of The Global Citizen Festival India 2016 , on November 19, at the MMRDA Grounds in Mumbai, here are key highlights from BookMyShow’s festival guide. The guide includes festival maps, directions to the venue, and a list of tips and do’s and don’ts to help Global Citizens enjoy the Festival to the fullest.
– Arrive early to get the best view of the stage as the entry gates open as early as 10:30 am. The gates will close at 4 pm
– There are different entry gates for different zones. Ticket holders will not be allowed to move from one zone to another. Re-entry is not permitted in the festival grounds
– Make use of public transportation to arrive at the venue to avoid traffic congestion and parking woes. Nearest local train stations are Bandra East and Kurla West
– Remember to carry your individual tickets and Government authorized identity cards for verification. This will help in clearing the entry queues faster
– Once inside the venue with your friends/family, mark a meeting point so that it’s easier to regroup in case someone loses their way
– Dress comfortably. Bring along sunglasses, sunscreen, hats and caps to beat the Mumbai heat. Keep yourself rested and hydrated during the event. Recharge the cash cards available inside the venue and transact at any of the food and beverage counters
– First aid stations are set up across the grounds. In case you have to bring along any specific medication, please bring the prescription for it too
– Bring a fully charged mobile phone to create beautiful memories of the festival. No power banks are permitted inside the venue
– Do not bring along these items: Handbags, cameras, selfie sticks, sharp and/or flammable objects, cigarettes and lighters, outside food, beverage and alcohol, chairs, laser pointers and pens, helmets, umbrellas, etc. There is a strict no-smoking policy.
The Global Citizen Festival India is Global Citizen India’s first initiative to catalyse India’s journey to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. The Festival brings together youth with leaders from across private industry, government, and non-governmental and community organizations to amplify the voice of young people and hold leaders accountable to drive positive change. The celebrated Indian and international personalities and artists in the lineup have all committed their support to champion the causes adopted by Global Citizen India in its first year: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene; Gender Equality; Quality Education.
Global Citizen Festival India is being presented by Colors Viacom18 and Venky’s, and powered by UPL and NECC. It is being hosted in Mumbai in association with the Government of Maharashtra with event-produced by Wizcraft International Entertainment PVT. The United Nations is a partner, and the Times of India Group and Viacom18 are strategic partners. Other partners include Google, Hindustan Unilever, Ola, Spykar, Make My Trip, Taj Group of Hotels and BookMyShow. Key media platforms include Times of India group, Colors, VH1, Colors Infinity, Rishtey Cineplex, the fast-growing digital major Voot, Times TV network and Radio Mirchi.
To find out more visit www.globalcitizen.in, follow @glblctznIN on Twitter and Facebook, and on Instagram using #GlobalCitizenIndia
BookMyShow, (Bigtree Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.), is India’s largest online entertainment ticketing platform that allows users to book tickets for movies, plays, sports and live events through its website, mobile app and mobile site. Founded in Mumbai (India) in 1999 and launched in 2007, BookMyShow is now present in over 350 towns and cities across India, currently meeting the entertainment demands of millions of customers.
About The Global Education and Leadership Foundation
The Global Education and Leadership Foundation (tGELF) is focused on cultivating ethical, altruistic leadership to improve the state of the planet through collective action. Its programme currently reaches over 2.5 million students in 14 countries and it has trained close to 100,000 teachers.
About Global Citizen India
Global Citizen India is a movement brought to India by Global Citizen, a social action platform, and The Global Education and Leadership Foundation (tGELF), an organisation focused on cultivating ethical, altruistic leadership to improve the state of the planet through collective action. Global Citizen India will comprise a distinctive mix of events, grassroots activism, media campaigning and online activation, to catalyse India’s 15-year journey towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, and to bring about the end of extreme poverty.
About Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
Wizcraft International Entertainment, India’s leading media and Entertainment Company is dedicated to showcasing its expertise on the world stage. Having conceptualized some of the grandest events globally including the 50 Years of Indian Independence, the 30 Years of Mauritian Independence, the 10 years of the South African Freedom Struggle, the Commonwealth Games Opening and Closing ceremonies in Delhi as well as the Handover ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, & the prestigious International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards & Weekend for 17 years in over 12 countries, Wizcraft has contributed towards brand building for India across the world.
Wizcraft has pioneered and developed India’s biggest entertainment brand IIFA which has taken Indian Cinema and culture to the world. Wizcraft’s growth story reflects the evolution of the Indian event management & entertainment industry itself. Driven by its vision “Believe in the power of your dreams” the company is committed to quality and innovation, while setting its sights on greater peaks of achievement.