OnePlus launched its most awaited smartphone, OnePlus 5, here in Mumbai. The smartphone is available in two variants based on storage — one with 6GB RAM and 64GB internal storage and another with 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM. While the 6GB RAM variants start at a price of Rs 32,999, the 8GB RAM options cost Rs 37,999.
The device is an Amazon India exclusive and according to Amazon, it received one million “notify me” requests regarding the device by 2 p.m. on Thursday.
The smartphone runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor Octa-core processor with a clock speed of up to 2.45GHz.
OnePlus 5 has a 5.5-inch full HD display, with a 2.5D Gorilla glass 5 on top. Made in anodised aluminium body, it has a horizontal dual rear camera setup on the back cover. It features dual 16MP+20MP cameras at the back. OnePlus 5 has also introduced Portrait mode, and the rear camera is capable of capturing ‘bokeh’ (the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light) style photos as well. Moreover, fingerprint scanner is embedded into the home button for security.
The 5.5-inch full-HD display smartphone comes with a “Dash Charge” technology that gives a day’s power in half-hour charging.
• The smartphone is a uni-metal body with Gorilla Glass 5 on the front. The dimensions are 154.2×74.1×7.25mm and weigh around 153 Grams.
• It comes with 1920×1080 – 1080p Full HD AMOLED display with 401ppi.
• The flagship model is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, which will clock with 2.45GHz Octa-Core Processor and Adreno 540 Graphics.
• Oneplus5 will be rolling out with Oxygen OS based on Android Nougat 7.1.1 as standard.
• For the first time, OnePlus5 will be having a primary dual lens camera with 16-megapixel f/2.0 main camera and a 20-MP f/2.6 secondary camera with a 2x optical zoom. On the front of the phone, there’s a 16-MP selfie cam that has twice the resolution you get from most other front-facing cameras
• OnePlus 5 will be exclusively having Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C and 3.5 MM headphone jack.
• A 3,300mAh non-removable battery is onboard worth with Dash Charging which gives 60% charging in just 60 min.
Oneplus 5 identically looks like an iPhone 7 Plus which have mixed reaction on the internet. According to tech reporters, In the hand, the device feels premium. With an aluminum back panel, it was smooth and comfortable. The front-mounted fingerprint sensor is easy to reach, unlike on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Google Pixel which opted for rear sensors. It also includes a headphone jack on the base of a handset.
The OnePlus 5 has the same (or better) specifications as most of the current top-of-the-line smartphones available. In gaming and when using demanding apps, it performs as well or better than the competition. It is the most fluid, fast and reliable Android smartphone and arguably smoother than Google’s Pixel smartphones, which is an achievement.
The company also launched a range of new backpacks.