MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company and powers more than 1.5 billion devices a year. A market leader in power-efficient systems-on-chip (SoC) for mobile devices, smart-home solutions and automotive MediaTek is leading the initiative on demystifying technology, making it more accessible and understandable for the common man, through ‘MediaTek Technology Diaries’ series. The second chapter in the series was led by MediaTek with participation of Malishka from RED FM making it interactive, informative yet a fun series aimed at demystifying the newest technologies that are transforming our daily lives. Also present were Mr. Kuldeep Malik, Director, Corp. Sales, India with Mr. Kevin Keating- Global Director, Marketing.
The series is in tune with MediaTek’s philosophy of making great technology available to everyone so we can all connect more easily to the things that shape our everyday lives, enhance and enrich it, make us smarter and healthier. From the mobile industry and automobile sector to health, entertainment and next generation wearables, MediaTek’s innovations allow consumers and businesses to do more of what they want. The upcoming and current products of MediaTek use technologies like AI, 5G, NB-IoT to empower people to change the world. MediaTek is also empowering industries with innovative Bluetooth and cellular connectivity solutions to meet the needs of government, utility, retail, agriculture, transportation, asset tracking and many others.
According to Kuldeep Malik, Director- Corporate Sales, MediaTek India, “MediaTek is committed to delivering the latest technologies across a range of products and solutions. Our chips and technology are an integral part of the daily lives of our consumers. Nearly 1 of every 3 mobile phones is powered by MediaTek and you will find us in 20% of the homes globally. A new category of devices is driving features and consumer expectations forward with advancements in power, performance, AI, and connectivity. With the Technology Diaries we want to help the less savvy consumers understand and be comfortable using these technologies to their advantage. MediaTek chips power next-generation smartphones, tablets, TVs and voice assistants and all kinds of intelligent devices to transform how people interact with each other and the world around them.”
· Image 2– From L- R – At ‘MediaTek Technology Diaries’ Mumbai Chapter present were Mr. Anuj Sidharth – MediaTek PR and Communication, Malishka from RED FM , Mr. Kevin Keating- Global Director, Marketing and Mr. Kuldeep Malik, Director, Corp. Sales, India
Some of the key segments that MediaTek is present in include
1. Mobile Technology: MediaTek Helio series platforms such as A22 and P22 are the latest additions to the Helio family of powerful and power-efficient chips for the mid-market segment. Redmi 6, Vivo Y81, Y83 and Y83 Pro are powered by Helio P22. The Helio P60 was recently released with OPPO F9, F9 Pro and Nokia 5.1 Plus. It focuses on providing the best-in-class camera hardware with intuitive light AI-enhancements such as Face ID, Smart Photo Album, simulated depth of field etc. The core peak-performance advantage is clearly visible in advanced productivity applications and the most popular games. It also features MediaTek’s second-generation smart antenna technology (TAS 2.0). The CPU performance of Helio A series is up to 30% faster and GPU up to an incredible 72% faster than the direct alternative. Xiaomi Redmi 6A is one of the phones powered with a MediaTek Helio A22 chipset.
2. MediaTek also powers an array of Amazon consumer products, including the Amazon Fire TV, and Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 10 tablets. These are the latest in a series of Amazon devices powered by MediaTek that offer consumers rich multimedia experiences with minimal power consumption.
3. MediaTek has also partnered with the TV display manufacturer and Television Brand Vu Televisions to provide a high-end and cost-efficient 4K TV to the consumers. MediaTek is transforming how people interact with their home through leading connectivity and multimedia technologies fueling a revolution in home entertainment products through processors and chips powering the next generation of home entertainment devices, Smart TVs and connected audio devices. This makes MediaTek the leading company by unit volume in several segments, including digital television, optical storage, and DVD/Blu-ray/CD players.
4. Another vertical in which MediaTek has been empowering lives is the automotive sector. MediaTek is powering the future of Self-Driving technology through a turnkey solution of hardware and software. Autus, the suite of automotive and automated driving solutions, uses artificial intelligence, mmWave, machine learning, and advanced visual processing solutions and technologies to deliver the latest in navigation and infotainment innovation. Automated driving is the next frontier for MediaTek and this chip changes everything under the hood.
MediaTek continues to push the boundary with next-gen multimedia technologies that make UHD content shine. The MT5597 is the latest technology in Digital TV vertical, which enables high-quality, cost-effective and feature-rich 4K UltraHD digital TVs with a global application. Powered by four high-performance ARM® Cortex™-A53 ultra-efficient processors running at up to 1GHz and AMR Mali-450 MP4 GPU, it offers superior user experience and features at low power consumption. MediaTek also leads the industry in providing chipsets for UltraHD 4K Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD players, and continues to innovate in this space with recent Android set top box (STB) SoC’s along with High quality audio support – including Dolby audio, DTS, Maxim, multi-channel capture and reproduction, and our own advanced digital signal processing solutions.
At the MediaTek Technology Diaries, MediaTek also discussed technologies like
1. Narrow-Band IoT (NB-IoT) which is a 3GPP standardized cellular based low power wide area technology and is potentially part of the ‘5G’ era of connectivity. The MediaTek NB-IoT platform has the highest temperament for low connection quality, allowing NB-IoT devices to be installed in locations that cannot be served by competing IoT connectivity standards enabling device installation in remote or difficult to access locations. MediaTek’s chipsets have formed the foundation for the Internet of Things (IoT). In 2015, MediaTek enabled more than 1 billion consumer electronic products, including digital TVs, home audio devices, DVD/Blu-ray players, smartphones, tablets, networking and connectivity products, and more.
2. MediaTek NeuroPilot with its heterogeneous computing capabilities such as CPUs, GPUs and APUs (AI processing units) we embed into our system-on-chip products, we are providing high performance and power efficiency for AI features and applications. MediaTek is leading the Edge-AI Technology revolution by creating an ecosystem of Edge-AI hardware processing with comprehensive software tools across its product range from smartphones to smart homes, wearables, IoT and connected cars.
3. MediaTek also possesses a best-in-class display enhancement technology called MiraVision. MediaTek MiraVision is designed to improve visual quality for smartphones by intelligently altering picture attributes such as hue saturation, brightness, resolution and frame-rate. For each new product category MediaTek has optimized MiraVision, making it highly power-efficient, more responsive, and more context aware. MediaTek’s high-fidelity scaling and content classifier technologies guarantee unmatched signal preservation and increased visual details.
MediaTek based products are exclusively available on Flipkart.
MediaTek organized the inaugural session of ‘Technology Diaries’ in New Delhi which was an interactive session among the hosts and the audience on how technology is empowering everyone’s life around us and demystifying technology for the common man. It was informal and interactive – fun filed discussion on various aspects of Technology. The first chapter ‘MediaTek Technology Diaries’ was moderated by RJ Naved with Rajiv Makhni and Kuldeep from MediaTek with active participation from the audience.