For the 7th consecutive year, the leading NGO Shrimad Rajchandra Love and Care participated in the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marthon 2017 for a special cause to provide superior and advanced medical facilities and healthcare for the tribal populations.
In a yearlong celebration commemorating 150 years of the great Indian saint, poet-philosopher and spiritual mentor of Mahatma Gandhi – Shrimad Rajchandraji’s birth –the funds raised through SCMM 2017 will support the construction of Shrimad Rajchandra Hospital – a new 200-bed multi-speciality charity hospital for the less privileged in South Gujarat.
Shrimad Rajchandra Love and Care’s entourage spread the message of ‘Awaken the Mahatma within You, and Free Others from Suffering through a showcase of a unique theme of saving and transforming lives of less privileged with loving hearts and caring hands through the Shrimad Rajchandra Hospital. Shrimad Rajchandra Love and Care’s participation in the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon saw:
- A contingent of 1000 enthusiastic supporters participating to support the cause
- Over 150 fundraisers who raised over INR 3crore towards the construction of charity hospital Shrimad Rajchandra Hospital for the tribal population in Southern Gujarat
- 21 Corporates supported this benevolent cause
- Young fundraisers from age 5 who raised funds over 1 Crore interacted and inspired Mumbaikars with their spirits
- A powerpacked performance by Love and Care Stompers, a unique percussion band by tribal students from Shrimad Rajchandra Vidyapeeth at SRLC’s motivational zone
- SRLC also won the best runner-up costume award with spectacular repertoire of costumes and medical enclosures highlighting journey from physical suffering to freedom:
- A 3D makeshift cage representing barriers to superior medical facilities via a 3D hospital as the remedial tool.
- Children dressed as ambulances, volunteers embodying ailing patients, doctors and nurses.
- Above all – two profound personalities from history: Mahatma Gandhi along with his spiritual mentor Shrimad Rajchandraji leading the entourage as torchbearers of society with large torch depicting the message urging the Mumbaikars to “Awaken the Mahatma within them”